Royal Dirkzwager b.v. is committed to protecting the security of our customers’ data, including personal data and vessel information. This security policy document outlines the measures we take to protect data, maintain the availability of our services, and comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
The purpose of this security policy document is to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our customers’ data. This policy applies to all employees, contractors, and partners of Royal Dirkzwager b.v.
3. Data Collection and Use
Royal Dirkzwager b.v. collects and uses personal data, vessel information, and operational data for the purpose of providing our maritime information services, ship security alert system, and vessel traffic monitoring services. We will not share personal data with other organizations without the explicit consent of the data subject. We reserve the right to store and use vessel, operational, and AIS data for our applications, APIs, reporting, and security services.
4. Security Measures
Royal Dirkzwager b.v. takes measures to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our customers’ data. These measures include:
– Complying with ISO 27001 standards and being in the process of certification. We have implemented an Information Security Management System (ISMS) to manage and control information security risks, including the development and implementation of security policies and procedures, risk assessments, security awareness training, and regular security audits.
– Implementing advanced EDR and EPP software to monitor and protect our IT environment. We use CrowdStrike Falcon to detect and respond to potential security incidents, including malware, ransomware, and phishing attacks.
– Monitoring our IT environment 24/7/365 to detect and respond to potential security incidents. We have implemented a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system to collect and analyze security-related data from various sources, including network devices, servers, and applications. Our external operated Security Operations Center (SOC) is staffed by trained security analysts who monitor and respond to security alerts and incidents.
– Using Microsoft Azure as our cloud service provider to host our servers and data. We have implemented Azure Security Center to manage and monitor the security of our cloud environment, including threat detection, vulnerability assessment, and security policy enforcement.
– Protecting our data with different layers of security and advanced firewalls to protect access to our network. We have implemented a network perimeter security system to control inbound and outbound network traffic, including intrusion prevention, web filtering, and application control.
– Keeping backups of our data at external location that is not connected to the internet. We have implemented an offsite backup and recovery system to ensure that our data is recoverable in the event of a data loss or corruption.
– Providing redundant systems in our control room, including backup power and multiple internet connections. We have implemented a Business Continuity Management (BCM) system to ensure the availability of our services in the event of a disruption or disaster.
Royal Dirkzwager b.v. is committed to complying with legal and regulatory requirements related to data privacy and security. We comply with the GDPR and other applicable data protection laws. We ensure that all employees, contractors, and partners are aware
Caring for our customers’ data and privacy is paramount to us. As a trusted and reliable partner, we aim to build long-lasting relationships with our customers. We’ve been doing this for over 150 years and will continue to prioritize their needs and treat their information with the utmost care and respect. Please contact us when you have any questions and we are more than happy to answer them.
Royal Dirkzwager BV