With an increasing number of valuable offshore assets such as oil and gas facilities, and wind farms located in the Northern European waters, safety has become an important matter.
The primary aim of our Remote Offshore Asset Monitoring service is to ensure safety of personnel (on platforms), continuity of production (oil & gas platforms and wind & tidal farms) and prevent damage to these assets. The ROAM-service provides an onshore way to monitor the maritime traffic in a wide range around the platform and facilitates a timely warning. Our team of experts monitors the safety zone around a platform and communicates with vessels to avoid possible threats.
- 24/7 monitoring of all vessels passing by your offshore assets;
- Contact the vessel on collision course and advise to change course and keep a safe distance
- Keep monitoring if vessel stays on a safe course
- Escalate if the potential dangerous situation remains
- Assist the OIM with an incident report in the case of an actual violation of the safety zones
Maritime Control Room
From our control room in Maassluis we monitor the shipping traffic in the vicinity of these objects 24/7 by using AIS and Radar. Vessels that are about to create a potentially harmful situation are contacted via VHF to change their dangerous course. Depending on the established procedures, both the platform operator and authorities are informed.
Why Royal Dirkzwager?
- Royal Dirkzwager has a longstanding experience in the world of maritime safety.
- We offer a wide range of solutions, from low cost AIS-only based to fully redundant AIS / radar / CCTV / VHF communication solutions.
- Our technology partnership with VisSim
- ROAM can be enhanced with options such as early detection of oil spills
What our customers say!
Vessel collisions are a serious threat to the safety of the crew on our De Ruyter platform. As platform manager I am glad that 24/7 the onshore Dirkzwager ROAM-team monitors the marine traffic in a wide area around the platform and communicates with vessels to avoid possible threats.
The cooperation and good communication between the offshore Dana Petroleum crew and the onshore Dirkzwager team is of the utmost importance to enhance the safety of the people and the platform.
Rob van Eijk, Offshore Installation Manager, De Ruyter Platform, Dana Petroleum